Benefits of Onsite Rainwater Infiltration
Localized Climate & Social Ecology
- Keeping water onsite increases vegetation
- Increase in local vegetation humidifies and cools the air in the summer months by way of evapo-transpiration from the surrounding soil and vegetation.
- Shade provided by vegetation reduces in house temperatures and outside soil temperatures.
- Cooler temperatures reduce the need for air cooling devices thus reducing energy demand and use.
- Carbon dioxide is absorbed from the atmosphere because of increased vegetative growth.
- The rate of climate change is reduced due to less greenhouse gases in the atmosphere.